Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pit of Acheron

Alice and I got to play our game tonight ... wait ... early tomorrow morning on her side of the planet. We jumped to the Frigid Highlands waypoint in search of some lost Barbarians which Qual-Kehk had misplaced. On the way we fought with little Imp Demons who kept teleporting to and fro.



And there were these big Crush Beasts upon which the little Imps would ride and shoot flames at us. In this next picture the flames make my hair look red.



Here we have found a group of the missing Barbarians. They are mingling around and shouting for help so we explained the concept of the door latch to them and sent them back to town.



Along the way we found a red portal leading to Abaddon and went inside looking for the shiny treasure chest. It had a +24 to life grand charm for Alice. In this picture we are still on our way to finding the treasure. There were Blood Lords and Imps who thought they could stop us. They were wrong.



After rescuing all the Barbarians, we went on to the Arreat Plateau and just outside of the Pit of Acheron, we stomped Snot Blister the Howler.


Inside the pit were Champion Overlords who were no match for us. My glacial spike only slows them down rather than freezing them in their tracks but it still helps.

 
The shiny chest there had a Sol Rune for Alice. Moments later she had power problems and lost her connection.  Since it was time for her to go and get ready for school, she didn't come back into the game. I hadn't noticed when we went in the pit, but it turns out the next waypoint we wanted to find was nearby.


I suspected that since it was 5:41 am her time when she dropped and we had agreed to quit at 5:45 that she wouldn't be back. I stayed in the game anyhow just in case she came in to say goodbye. (I didn't know then if it was a momentary b-net thing or what.)

So, like any girl with time and gold on her hands, I went shopping. I found a nice 2 socket bone shield with 35 defense and its standard 40% block rate (for a sorceress).  The only better block rate for my class available now is a tower shield, but I don't care for it since it is heavy whereas the bone shield is lightweight.



In this next screenshot you can see the shield I was using. It did its job when I needed it, but since we found a Shael rune and I already had an Eth, it was time to replace it.



Jessie is now quite happy after making the Rhyme runeword in the new shield. With the 20% increased chance of blocking, it is now at 60% and will help protect my fragile little body. The all resistances of 25% is nice and the regenerate mana of 15% will help me be able to use my glacial spike with less delay between shots.



Next I made the Lore runeword in a two socket circlet. The 24 defense is lower than average (they can have between 20 and 30), but since no one sells them, I didn't want to wait until I found another one. Obviously the minuscule difference in defense is well offset by the +1 to all skills and the +10 to energy is good too since that increases my mana. The lightning resist of 30% lets me change my jewelry and swap in some different charms.


I went back to the Arreat Plateau and in the next screenshot I have used my enchant and frozen armor. My attack damage is 163 to 273 using the socketed flail I made.  Alice gave me a perfect ruby and when I finally get a perfect emerald I will use them and an Amn rune in a 3 socket War Scepter.


I went back to town and tidied up my stash and put my flawless skull in my backpack so if I accidently tag a Gem Shrine, I will get a perfect skull rather than some random chip. I'm also hoping to find another charm with at least 5% faster hit recovery. I have 25% from the Stealth Armor and 12% on a grand charm which gives me 37%. That puts me in the 10 frame recovery rate and I'd like to get to 9 frames which takes 42 FHR. More than that isn't likely for a while since the breakpoint for 8 frames is 60 FHR.


My fire resistance is a bit low at 59% and I'm hoping to find another charm or two to get that up closer to 75%. And 7% more for cold resist would be nice as well. I'm also desperately low on full rejuvenation potions. I need to send my pack mule barbarian out on a horking expedition.

Edit: Btw, Alice, I changed my blog to only display one day's worth of posts to improve load time. You can still get to the previous one by clicking "Older Posts" or from the post archive tree at the bottom. (I left you a comment last night on the "Dead Diablo" post.)

8 comments:

Alice said...

Hey there, my love :3

It seems like I wont be able to get in the game or even on TC tonight since of not having the connection.:( I hope it will be back soon tho, I'm using dad's little device right now btw and it only works on his laptop (so, no gaming here).

If he leave the device pluged in, then I could prolly sneak in and be on TC later, but if not.. then we'll have to wait untill the connection gets back working.

Well, I was also dropping by to wish you a happy 7th months anniversary!<3 :)
I love you and I hope to see you again very soon my love,Take care. *Hugs and passionate kisses.*

Jessie said...

Hi darling,

Happy 7th to you as well. :)

And, ok, I'll see you when you get reconnected to the grid. *Hugs and long tender kisses* too. I <3 U !

Alice said...

Hi Jessie,

How are you doing, me love? I miss you :( and I miss the game too..uu
I want to be reconnected! >.< (btw, the telephone also isn't working.. it seems the line has been cut, or at least thats what I heard)

I hope they fix it soon enough. Well, have fun playing with Pack Mule and takw care. ;) I<3U!!!

Jessie said...

Hi Alice,

I'm doing quite well, tho rather tired. Work has gone from crazy busy to insanely so. You prolly picked a good time to cut the line. :p

I haven't been back in the game since the night we played. Yesterday I came home, fed Punkin and chatted with Danni while I ate my dinner and then went right to bed. Today was a long one and I didn't get home till nearly 7.

I love you too, darling. Have them run your line inside a steel pipe so it doesn't get cut again. :)

Alice said...

Hi my love,

The line is finally fixed, yay!! ^^
Well, actually it was caused by some stupid guy who (I don't know the reason), tried to cut the line and while doing so, he got an electric shock..hehehe. Right, I know its bad to laugh at that but it kind of serves him well in a way. :P (But don't worry, he's not dead.. er I think):/

Uhm well, I hope you are doing fine with work and that you are eating and resting properly. ;)
I love youuuuu!!!<3 :)

Alice said...

Hey again, honey.

I just wanted you to know that the game works on Laurent's PC.. He had finally decided to test it and even tried to play via Lan together, and it turned out fine. It was cool, but I told him that he'd better get used to the game first before we actually go onto missions. ;)

Oh and.. I don't think I'll be able to get into the game or even TC later. I'm quite busy with homework. Maybe we could meet up tommorow night. :) *Hugs and lots of long tender kisses*.

Jessie said...

Hey there darling,

I'm glad you got your line fixed and are back on the grid. And no, it's not bad to be happy when someone gets hurt while doing something evil like cutting the line. Serves him right.

That's great the game works on your brother's computer and you can play Lan together. Go right ahead and play with him even while he is learning about the game. You can explain things as they come up.

I did read up on some of the changes in the 1.13 patch and the Iron Maiden Curse that I mentioned for the Oblivian Knights in the Chaos Sancturry (right before releasing Diablo) has been removed. So it's ok to pound on them without getting 400% damage returned.

Ok. Do you homework and sleep well so you are ready for school. I hope to see you tomorrow then. *hugs and lots of kisses back* I love you.

Alice said...

Hi Jessie, :)

I'm up already and I'll be waiting in our room on TC now. I hope you had a good day. ^^
See you soon, my darling. I love you too.<3<3<3