Saturday, August 27, 2011

Arreat Summit

Alice and I started playing our game about 10:30 pm my time yesterday and we played for about 6 hours. We took the Arreat Plateau waypoint and quickly found the Crystalline Passage. Here we are using applied psychology on some Champion Snow Drifters.



We also found some frozen creepers there.



In this screenshot we are in the Frozen River and there was a large welcoming committee as soon as we arrived.


Still in the Frozen River area, we used some good strategy to kill Dragon Grumble The Hungry and his minions by staying on one side of the river where they couldn't get to us.



In this shot we've awoken Frozenstein and his hoard. I was able to keep the lead minion frozen for a while and that blocked the others from getting to us, but once Frozenstein (who I can't totally freeze) got thru we had to lead them around and try to separate them cause they hit rather hard.



Unfortunately Alice's connection got buggy at this point and I finished him off before she could get back into the battle.



She lost her connection again, so in this picture I am patiently waiting for her to return. Anya shivers while we wait. When Alice got back, she went to town and got a thawing potion from Malah and then released Anya.



Anya then opened a red portal leading to Nihlathak's Temple. After we cleared the outer area, Alice ran in and led Pindleskin and his group out so we could teach them a lesson. I'm using my Glacial Spike to keep him chilled while Alice uses her big fire blaze thingy. She let me know as a BTW, that it's called Immolation Arrow. Thanks dear. :)



We ventured into the Halls of Anquish and cleared most of it. We found the entrance to the next level right when Alice's connection dropped her again.



When she got back this time, I remembered she hadn't tagged the Crystalline Passage waypoint, so I went there and opened a portal for her. We continued on to the Frozen Tundra, then thru the Ancient's Way and found the Arreat Summit atop the mountain. We did not release the Ancient Barbarians since I want to be much better prepared for them.


We discussed other armor Rune Words and decided it would be very good if we could find a Shael Rune so Alice could make Peace in a 3 socket armor. We already have enough Orts to transmute into the Thul and I had two Amns and gave her one. This screenshot is borrowed from the Diablo Wiki and shows the mods Peace will have.



From Silospen's Drop Calculator , it looks like about anywhere in Act 5 can drop the Shael Rune with equal probability but the odds aren't too good for finding it from them. (Like 1 in 30,000 for any of the normal monster's which can drop it.) The odds get better from Champions, Unique monsters and Super Uniques. Eldritch the Rectifier and Pindleskin show the best odds and have the added benefit of being super easy to get to. (We won't be tagging the waypoint in the Halls of Pain when we find it, so Anya's portal to Nihlathak's Temple will stay open and give us quick access to Pindleskin.)

It's now about 9:40 pm for Alice and I don't know when she will be able to play again. I'm going to create a game in a few minutes and see if she pops in.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Good morning dear,

It's 8:35 am and the game is up. I created it with my "me" character so we have Anya's portal.

See you soon. I <3 U !