Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blood Raven - Nightmare

Now that we are playing in nightmare difficulty, I wanted to upgrade my weapon. You may recall I've been using a gemmed flail into which I'd put a Tal rune (+75 poison), a regular Skull (3% life steal, 2% mana steal), and a regular Topaz (1-22 lightning). This was the best I could make at the time, but it's woefully inadequate for the increased difficulty of the monsters we are facing now.

I'd been saving the normal grade War Scepter I'd found a week or so ago and I gave it to PackMule who took it to Larzuk to have holes punched in it. I was surprised and quite happy it got five, count them, five sockets. While I knew that the War Scepter could have that many sockets and that Larzuk gives the maximum an item can have, I was under the impression that it was capped at three holes in normal difficulty.


I've chosen the War Scepter for two reasons. First it is mace class and has the +50% damage to undead because of its class and second, it has a [-10] fast attack speed for a sorceress. By itself with no other attack speed modifiers, I can deliver 1.56 attacks per second. Add in the 20% increased attack speed (IAS) from my Sander's gloves and I'm up to 1.78 attacks per second. I decided to drop in a Shael Rune to get my IAS up to 40%. This just crosses the 39% IAS threshold to get me up to 2.08 attacks per second.

I also put in a perfect Emerald to add +100 poison damage and an Amn rune for 7% life steal per hit. I've left the other two sockets open while I decide what I want to put into them. With my Enchant, it currently delivers 395 to 508 damage.



During our first trip out in nightmare, I had found a three socket Razor Bow and set it back to for my Rogue sidekick to use.



I added a Nef rune for its knockback, then a perfect Emerald for poison and a perfect Sapphire for cold damage. With my Enchant, that puts her damage at 330 to 437.



Alice joined the game about 5:30 am her time and we went to visit Blood Raven. By the time we killed her, I had drank 4 super healing potions.


We went on into the Crypt and the Mausoleum and then back to camp where we had a nice chat for about an hour before I needed to go to bed.

10 comments:

Alice said...

Hi my love, :)

How are you? For my part, I'm doing quite well and the day.. well its was ok, tho a bit boring haha. I hope yours will be better. :)

Ok, now I'm going back to homework =/ .. but before I go, I wanted you to check this song out, I hope you like it; -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwOU3bnuU0k&ob=av3e

*Now singing* ; "I just call to say I love you
I just call to say how much I care
I just call to say I Love you
And I mean it from, the bottom of my heart."<3 ;)

So here, I love you darling!!<3 I don't know if we'll be able to meet later tonight(tho I'd really loved to), but what I'm sure of, right now, is that you're always on my mind.<3 ;)

Alice said...

Hey again, my love. :)

Uhm well I just wanted to check out the new music video of Avril Lavigne, song named "Wish you were here". Oh and I love her songs, all of them and while watching this video.. well, I couldn't help it but cried along with her. :(
Its a really good song(as always) and I wanted to share it with you.

Uhm, Here's the link --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1-sitWRtY&ob=av2e

Oh and this next song is also for you, my love(still by Avril)-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3_kG5FFfQ&ob=av2e

I hope you enjoy them. :)
*Hugs and long tender kisses.*

Jessie said...

Hi there, my darling, :)

My day has been excellent. When I got home and finished my chores I continued my "clear out a bunch of stuff and move the game computers" project. So, I have the main game computer in my bedroom (as it has been since we started playing) and now I have Packmule Too's and Jessie_Starter's computers in there as well. Now, I can move items back and forth between these three without having to run out to my office. I still need to make room for the 4th computer in there. As it is, my clothes are in the other room when playing. lol

The game is up now in case you wake up early and want to play. I'm not in there at the moment cause I'm in here typing this comment and then I'm going to listen to the songs you sent. The first one I recognize by the lyrics and I love that one.

*Long, caressing embraces and passionate kisses.* I love you too! <3 <3 <3

Alice said...

Hi there, my love :)

Its good to hear that your day was good and I hope today will be as great as yesterday for you. Mine was cool.. :)
My friend made a drawing for me..no, well we both made it in some ways since I've also helped in it so, yeah.. its actually for us ;) and its turned out to be very beautiful(considering that its our first time drawing a yuri type manga) and I really want to show it to you.<3 The only way that I'm thinking might work would be to make Chappie go to my facebook profile and check out the pictures there... Then, he'll have to copy it and maybe posting it on his blog.(if he has one..)

Yeah, its kind of weird but at least its the best way I could think of, since you're not on facebook or even msn(but don't worry about it). Now, all I have to do is to find and tell Chappie about it.(I wonder if he has my other fb profile --> Alice Phantomhive)

Anyway, I have to go now. See you later, maybe. I love you!<3 <3 <3

Alice :) said...

Hey again, honey :)

Ok, I've not yet find Chappie =/
so.. I guess I'll have to wait for later which mean that I might be on TC tonight/my early tomorrow morning. ;)

Now, I'm feeling a bit tired so I guess I won't take that long before I go to bed. I love you, darling.<3 *Sweet, tight embraces and long tender kisses.*<3

Jessie said...

Hi honey,

I'm glad you've had a cool day. Mine's doing fine too. Just a suggestion, you could create a blog here by clicking "Create Blog" in the upper right of the screen.

I love you too. *Hugs and kisses.* <3

Alice said...

Hi again, my love. :)

I found a better way to show you the drawing I told you about and its thx to Chappie btw. :)
So, here's the link --> http://ctrlv.in/35772

And well no offense, but I don't how I can have a blog when I don't even use my fb so much. I mean, I only go there to check up on stuff and maybe chat a bit, but I never really update so much.

Ok, so now i'm going to look for you in the game. See you soon, I hope.<3 I love you.<3
(P.S If you have already gone to bed, then I'll go to, no worries.)

Jessie said...

Good morning my lovely artist, :)

You're drawing is awesome. I love it. I do wish it was a larger size so I could see it better. Oh, and about my profile picture, if you go to the "About me" thing and click on the picture, I think you can get a slightly larger version of it.

I love you. *Hugs, kissess and nibbles.* <3 <3 <3

Alice said...

Hi there, my beautiful angel, :)

How are you?
And Thanks, I'm very happy that you like the drawing :D and sorry for the size, I took that picture using my phone and it doesn't have a good resolution, but I think I might take one a wee bit closer than this. Oh, and your profile pictures has been saved on the laptop and I'll draw it when I'm free(tho it might take a while for me to do the hair, heheh, buts its ok).

Hey, you know what!?.. You make me crazier and crazier. ;)
Thats why, I think this song is appropriate for --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9B747RQM3w

And btw...

I've found out a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you..<3 <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGs8vtjDxxY&feature=related

Ok, I'll see if I can meet you up later. For now, I'm going to bed. I love you, darling!<3 <3 <3
*Hugs, kisses and nibbles too.*

Jessie said...

Good morning Alice, :)

I've been in our TC room since about 4 am your time. I prolly should've posted a comment on here to let you know I was there. I haven't turned on the game computers tonight cause I've been re-organizing all the stuff I had to move to get them into my room. Anyhow, I'm still in our room, but it's prolly too late for you to pop in now.

*Huggles, smooches & playful bites.* I love you. <3