Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Twilight for me from Alice

I was chatting with my girlfriend the other day and she mentioned how much fun she was having reading fanfic based on Twilight.  So I asked her for the author's name (Stephenie Meyer) and she also told me the titles of the other 3 books in the series (New Moon, Eclipse, & Breaking Dawn).

Today I went to my favorite store in the whole world (Half Price Books) and found the first book.


I love how the preface starts out: "I'd never given much thought to how I would die -- though I'd had reason enough in the last few months -- but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this."

Now that is catchy.

Makes me want to continue reading to find out what happens. And just who is narrating this thing anyhow? (Turns out to be Bella but that isn't revealed until page 4.)

So, I am pretending that it is a gift from Alice and I think I'll quit my job and spend time reading it.

No comments: