Saturday, October 1, 2011

ST310014ACE Project - Step 4

Well, ok. It seems there is going to be more than four steps to this project. For this stage I've managed to get the pins out of the power hood thingy.



To my dismay they are too large to plug into the holes in the ATX power connector and the gauge of wire is too big to poke thru the holes in the printed circuit board I bought for the ICs. So, I pried open the metal pins and then cut down 1/3 of it to make a pin small enough to fit into the ATX holes. For the other end of the wires, I split them in half and twisted them separately so I will just poke them thru two holes on the board instead of one.



I then moved on to the CD audio cable and I need to cut the clip thingy off of the one side since it would be in the way when I go to plug it into the communications port of the Seagate ST310014ACE hard drive.



And the same for the little tabs on the other side. I need to cut them off as well.



Between preparing these wires and other chores this morning I've made progress but not nearly as much as I would have liked. It's a little after 1 in the afternoon and I think I'll have some breakfast and take a nap.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Hey there, my love. :)

I see you're doing fine, thats good. I'll prooly go to bed now since I'm quite tired from the day. We've been at the mall today.. yes the Mall of Mauritius, Bagatelle.. It was great! tiring but great, still. Well, it just finally open to us peeps on Thusday, so yeah it was still very crowded.

Anyway.. I'll be in our TC room around 4am. See you then. I hope you have a very nice nap. I love you!<3 <3 <3

Jessie said...

Hey there, my dear. :)

Cool. A mall. Did you buy lots of nice things? I wound up sleeping a very long time. I got up about 8 and then fed a hungry little animal. It's now a few minutes after 5 am your time. I'm in our room but don't see you there. I'll leave me in there while I work on the next step of my project. I love you too! <3 <3 <3 See you when you wake up.