Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Counted Cross Stitch Project.

Here's what I've done so far.  I'm going to work on the castle spire by the dragon's head next.



Here's what it will look like when I finish it.


This is an old pattern I picked up at a garage sale or flea market.  (I forget which. lol)  It is by Dreamscape and was designed by Teresa Wentzler.  The instructions call for using 14-count Aida, but I'm using 11-count so it will be 18 1/4" x 16 1/4" when I'm done.  This means there are less holes per inch which makes it larger and I'm using four strands of floss rather than two to get good coverage.

7 comments:

Dakota said...

Look's great so far, Jess. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finally finished. =)

Anonymous said...

totally awesome dude

Chappie said...

definently something to do with a whole lot of spare time

Anonymous said...

Definitely cool. I love the theme. I wouldn't be able to do all that.
Katy

KatrinAnn said...

I tried this once but I gave up for the fact that I kept tangling my threads.

Tia Monèt said...

Now that I'm at the right post, I want a cross stitch, yet i haven't the time or skill for it

Jessie said...

Time is what I seem to lack for it. I really enjoyed the little bit I've done, but I set it aside to do other things and haven't gotten back to working on it. Maybe this winter if work slows down like it did last year.